SACC was founded in 2014 by the newly appointed Honorary Consuls for the Republic of Slovenia in conjunction with a number of business owners. The Chamber was created to foster the development of business relationships for companies wishing to expand and progress business opportunities between Slovenia and Australia.
The Chamber is an independently constituted non-profit organisation with its registered office in NSW, but with representation in all states of Australia.
It has a strong relationship with the European Australian Business Council (EABC), and the Chamber executive regularly attend functions held by not only EABC, but also other Chambers who work with countries as diverse as France, Austria, Switzerland, Estonia, Germany, Norway, Ireland, to name but a few.
- Name: Slovenian Australian Chamber of Commerce Incorporated
- Incorporation Number: INC1401675
- End of Financial Year Date: 30 June
- ABN: 99 688 062 049
Embassy Appointed Representative
- to promote friendship, goodwill and understanding between the business communities of Australia and Slovenia.
- to maintain, promote and extend industrial and commercial relations between individuals, firms, companies, corporations, institutions and Chambers of Australia and Slovenia.
- to promote agreements between Slovenia, Australia and Australian firms to cooperate in joint ventures, transfer of know-how, licensing agreements and establishment of third country projects.
- to maintain liaison with the Government of Australia, Australia and Slovenia in order to promote any of the above objectives and to ensure that the concerns, views and plans of the Australia, Australian and Slovenian business communities are clearly conveyed to the governments of both countries so as to develop economic, industrial and commercial cooperation between the two countries.
- to establish working groups to achieve any of the above objectives, including in particular the encouragement of trade, investment and technology.
- to promote and encourage trade, investment, technical and economic cooperation between Australia and Slovenia and the establishment of joint ventures in Australia and Slovenia
- by arranging regular and effective consultation between business enterprises in Australia and Slovenia;
- by organising various business and industry sectors networking events, business and trade missions, and integrated marketing and media campaigns;
- in any other manner authorised by the rules of the Chamber.
- to facilitate access to business opportunities available in Slovenia
- by facilitating networking activities between Slovenian and firms located in all states and territories across Australian (NSW, Victorian, South Australia, Queensland, Tasmania, Western Australian, ACT and Northern Territory) ;
- by referring interested parties to the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Canberra and the Consulates of the Republic of Slovenia in Australia.
- to encourage public and private partnership with Australian Government and business involvement and carry endorsement from the respective peak business bodies.
- establish and maintain relationships with the European Union, European Commission and Member States Chambers of Commerce
- provide business , government and business chambers in Australia and other countries with links to central Europe (Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro and Albania)
- promote the Chamber and Slovenia’s economic interests into South East Asia.
About this constitution
This constitution forms the structure within which the association operates. This constitution has been modelled from
the model constitution prepared by Fair Trading NSW which covers the matters required by law Under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009